Van Gorp Corporation has one of the most experienced and oldest engineering departments in the industry dedicated to conveyor pulley design and drive component selection. The Van Gorp engineering department was founded in 1957 by Cliff Vroom. Cliff was a pioneer in the development of stress and deflection equations specific to the design of conveyor pulleys.
Today the engineering department can design pulleys and select drive components for the most rugged and unique applications by analyzing design data and specifications and using time tested calculations and FEA analysis.
The following Engineering Services are available from Van Gorp:
• Have a project that is required to be AWS D1 series code compliant and don’t know where to start? We can provide expert training from our on staff AWS Certified Weld Educators to your engineering and quality staff as well as qualify your welding procedures and welding operators.
Van Gorp is an active member in Conveyor Equipment Manufacturers Association (CEMA). Our engineers participate in the annual CEMA engineering conferences and are involved in upcoming revisions to the pulley standards.
Our engineers also belong to a wide variety of non-conveyor related professional societies and associations and are highly active members and officers in the following:
- American Society for Non-Destrucive Testing (ASNT)
- American Welding Society (AWS)
- American Society for Quality (ASQ)
- American Society of Mechanical Engineers (ASME)
- Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE)