Position is responsible for installation of shafting, bearings, couplings, slide lagging applications and wing crimping, ensuring that proper components are used per print specification.
- Must be able to read all specifications and drawings. Check dimensions before installation of shaft.
- Must be knowledgeable of all hub and bushing sizes and torque requirements of various size bushings. Check for proper keyway alignment and direction of pulley rotation.
- Must be able to install different type bearings per drawings.
- Install slide lagging per customer requirement.
- Crimp wing channel and install.
- Balance pulleys dynamically and statically.
- Perform prescribed preventative maintenance on machines as required per the P.M. chart.
- Detect and report faulty operation, defective material and unusual conditions.
- Maintain work area and equipment in a clean and orderly condition.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Demonstrable mathematical aptitude including the use of decimals and fractions.
- Ability to read and effectively use all gauging and instrumentation.
- Capable of lifting and/or moving up to 60 pounds.
- Capable of being on one’s feet for up to ten hours per shift.
- Ability to prioritize work assignments.
- Adhere to ISO 9001 Standards.
- Follow Ethics, Environmental and Safety & Housekeeping Programs.
Send Resume to [email protected]
Or Apply in Person at:
Van Gorp Corporation
1410 Washington St.
Pella, IA 50219
A post offer criminal background check, physical and drug screening are required. Van Gorp Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer.