Position will be responsible for and capable of planning and performing a normal range of turning, boring, facing, reaming, recessing, grooving and other similar operations on a wide variety of stock and special parts of various metals and other materials with some assistance from supervisor or other experienced persons.
- Read and understand prints and other customer specifications.
- Plan and perform a diversified range of turning, boring, facing, reaming, recessing, grooving and other machining operations.
- Set ups are exacting and at times difficult, requiring the use of collets, chucks or fixtures, and demanding care to clamping or checking pressure to prevent distortion, springing or breakage of parts.
- Determine operation sequence, select and set tools in cross slide or turret in the proper location.
- Indicate work to eliminate runout and insure proper positioning.
- Select and set speeds and feeds according to material and finish required.
- Determine the location of set stops, automatic knockoffs or other devices.
- Requires the maintenance of correlated dimensions between faces, with a high demand for squareness, concentricity and parallelism due to close tolerances.
- Responsible for meeting all tolerance and print specifications using appropriate gauging and instruments.
- Perform prescribed preventative maintenance on machines as required per the P.M. chart.
- Detect and report defective material, faulty operations or unusual conditions to supervisor.
- Maintain work area and equipment in a clean and orderly condition.
- Other work as assigned.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Demonstrable mathematical aptitude including the use of decimals and fractions.
- 1 year prior machining experience.
- Capable of lifting and/or moving up to 60 pounds.
- Capable of being on one’s feet for up to ten hours per shift.
- Ability to read and effectively use all gauging and instrumentation.
- Ability to prioritize work assignments.
- Adhere to ISO 9001 Standards.
- Follow Ethics, Environmental and Safety & Housekeeping Programs.
Send Resume to [email protected]
Or Apply in Person at:
Van Gorp Corporation
1410 Washington St.
Pella, IA 50219
A post offer criminal background check, physical and drug screening are required. Van Gorp Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer.