Position requires the operation of submerged arc, semi-automatic and/or automatic welder. Must be able to regulate current and voltage for proper penetration and fusion of metals. Chip, brush or prepare surfaces for welding and locating in machine. Check weld for uniformity of holes and other defects. Make adjustments to machine as needed.
- Repetitive welding of parts of various sizes, making adjustments to machine and checking weld quality.
- Use conventional and precision measuring instruments.
- Perform prescribed preventative maintenance on machines as required per the P.M. charts.
- Detect and report improper operation, defective material and any unusual conditions to supervisor.
- Maintain work area and equipment in a clean and orderly condition.
- Observe prescribed safety regulations.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- 6 months welding experience.
- Capable of lifting and/or moving up to 60 pounds.
- Capable of standing on one’s feet for up to ten hours per shift.
- Capable of setting up welding equipment.
- Capable of using cutting torch.
- Ability to prioritize work assignments.
- Ability to read and effectively use welding gauge and tape measure.
- Must attain welding certification in SAW and 1G within 6 months.
- Adhere to ISO 9001 Standards.
- Follow Ethics, Environmental and Safety & Housekeeping Programs.
Send Resume to [email protected]
Or Apply in Person at:
Van Gorp Corporation
1410 Washington St.
Pella, IA 50219
A post offer criminal background check, physical and drug screening are required. Van Gorp Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer.